Tuesday, April 25, 2006

it's all over now...

wow, it's been almost half a year since i handed in my thesis and since i last updated my blog.

in the meantime i've managed to pass all my exams - the final one yesterday - which means that i'm now a magister artium, or M.A. i only just received the grading for my thesis last friday, which is a perfect 1.0. :-) thanks to any readers crossing their fingers! overall my grade should be a 1.2, if i did the math correctly. i should get my diploma some time next week.

it's been quite a ride... eight years of university might seem like a lot, and i can't say i disagree. however: looking back, i can't say that i'd do much differently a second time around. over the years i spent a lot of time working in my profession and figuring out what i want to do. this has helped secure me a job at a local internet agency as a project manager, which i start this coming tuesday. i'd been freelancing for them over the past six years or so, and without that history there's no way they would have hired me. i could have probably accepted a full-time position from them earlier - but i am glad i finished my education first. it's nice to have a degree to fall back to in case things don't work out with this job, and it also gives me a very pleasant sense of accomplishment. :-)

so... life's been very good to me lately. i hope everyone else is happy too! ;-)

as for this blog: i might transform it somewhat and keep it running. but, knowing me, this could well be the final post. even though i don't think more than a very selected few people ever read anything i wrote on here, it did help me a lot with my thesis. for one thing it was helpful to get a bit of a feel for blogs, and for another it most certainly helped to keep myself motivated by posting goals and status updates here at the end of most days.

a big thanks to my readers and to blogger/google for providing this service!

all the best,
hannes

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my ultimate (as it were) congrats - without your blog probably never'd have had a chance to follow so closely throughout the trip. thanx... .ra.

8:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Servus und herzlichen Glückwunsch! Dann wünschen ich viel Spaß jeden Tag in Gütersloh (oder Paderborn?) :-)

Daniel

8:50 pm  
Blogger hfehr said...

@.ra.:
thank you for helping me throughout!

1:21 pm  
Blogger hfehr said...

@anonymous:
danke dir daniel! ich werde erstmal in gütersloh anfangen, dann aber in kürze zusammen mit den gt'lern und pb'lern nach bielefeld (!) umziehen. schon nett, dass die firma extra für mich umzieht. ;-)
viele grüße nach münchen!
hannes

1:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

weerwrerew

4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home