Monday, February 07, 2005

news: this is a journal! - and apparently meaningless and irrelevant

i started writing today. i more or less reached my goal of "one page by monday night": i've written half a page of text along with two pages of notes. that's sufficient to put my mind at ease for the day.

after reading some more interesting sources on blogs (updated my "blog resources"), i realized that according to meatball wiki, my blog here is in fact a journal: "a subjective, time-ordered history of events that happened to the author." and, having read ryan's "blogger manifesto" on periodicdiversions, i'm afraid to say that the following does seem to apply to my blog:
Diary-minded authors write temporally specific articles . . ., making them almost instantly obsolete and rendering a site's archives completely meaningless and irrelevant except as, well, an old diary.
oh well, i'll have to live with that for the time being. after all, this is my blog, and it's mostly meant as a journal of my thesis work; for that purpose, an "old diary" might in fact be useful.

back to my temporally specific article: by tomorrow night, i would like to have another page written, or two more pages of notes - or both!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home